UNEP DTU Partnership is looking for dedicated research assistants for our work on adaptation and climate resilient development.
Responsibilities and tasks
The research assistants will be engaged in a number of activities such as analysis, concept development, report production and organisation of meetings. They will provide organisational support to senior staff particularly in the following areas:
- Adaptation and Emissions Gap reports – supporting the coordination of UN Environment’s flagship reports on climate change
- Measuring and tracking adaptation and resilience – contributing to our expanding work on monitoring, reporting and evaluation of adaptation
- Private sector adaptation and climate finance – supporting the development and testing of models for private sector engagement in adaptation
The successful candidate(s) should have a degree in economics, environmental science or other relevant discipline, at M.Sc. or equivalent level. The required competencies include knowledge and understanding of climate change adaptation, technological options and private sector incentives, as well as analytical skills and experience in preparing technical and/or policy-relevant reports and papers. Relevant work experience, including work in developing countries, is an advantage.
Languages: The working language at UDP is English. Proficiency in Spanish and/or French is an asset.
Please submit your online application no later than 12 February, 2017. Click to read the full vacancy announcement.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, click on "Apply online", fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application letter
- CV with full personal data and contact details
- Indication of three references and
- A copy of your diploma(s)
For further information please contact Anne Olhoff, Head of Programme, Climate Resilient Development, phone: +45 4533 5252.